Wednesday, March 14, 2012

5 squares - 1

Day 32

Day 33

Day 34
This block is called 'Tiny Textures' in "200 Crochet Blocks".  I'm not at all sure that I successfully duplicated the pattern in the book, but I like what I came up with.  I made a smaller block than the directions called for.  Again, I like it!  A nice tight weave that you could make clothing out of, and not need an undergarment in order to maintain dignity. 
Day 35








I knew this one would be tough, and once again, it needs blocking.  Before thinking ill of me on the blocking issue, keep in mind that I weave in every single yarn tail as soon as I am done with the block.

This is Triangle Stripes from "200 Blocks".

When doing a block straight across instead of around, I tend to start putting unnatural tension on the piece.  I'm aware that I do it, but I don't know how to stop. 

I'll do a big blocking job one of these days, once I've constructed that block on which to block.



<-- The center of this block came from "300 Classic Blocks for Crocket".  The rest was added by myself in order to get the size I was aiming for.










<---This is a log cabin technique that came from "300 Blocks".  I'm calling it "Confetti Betty".

I'm not sure what I was thinking with this color combination, but I did want to see how this nameless but numbered (9813) Berroco Comfort variegated yarn would work up.  Berroco Comfort is a joy to work with and doesn't stretch and contort like some yarns do.

I consider it a technique learned, at the very least.

And, I had one more square finished last night, a lovely combination of turquoise blues from "200 Blocks".  This morning, it had completely vanished!  I have looked everywhere for it, even put new sheets on the bed in order to go through every single crevice that it could be hiding in, but alas, it is nowhere to be found.

Since Big Guy the new kittie does have a decided liking for small blanket like things, I'm sure that I know who took it.  He does like his own little blankets, and picks them up and moves them around the house.And I know that I'll run across it, one of these days.

Speaking of Big Guy, he is having difficulty with my rule of 'no cats in the lap' while I'm crocheting.  I think he stole that square in a fit of pique, just to get back at me.  I hope war has not just been declared...








1 comment:

  1. SJ, I must say these look amazing and I admire you for weaving tails immediately. If I had to weave them as soon as I am done, my nerves would be shattered :) I always leave that tedious job for the end.
    I also wanted to thank you for the extremely lovely comment you left for me!

    Best,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete