Friday, March 9, 2012

The next edition, wherein I try to use every new yarn I have and fail...but I tried.

Day 16

Day 17

Day 18

Day 19
Here are the last weeks worth.  I'm doing two per day, in an attempt to catch up as if I started doing these on January 1.

For the most part, I'm trying different colors together to see what happens.  I really love these greens!

They are all Bernat Satin.






And I love a good variegated, to add some interest here and there.  Here are those greens again!













about here, Blogger decided that all further photos must be turned sideways.  So far, I do not see a way to turn them back within blogger.  Not happy with this!  I can understand when this sort of thing happens with a photo that I have rotated within my photo program, but this stumps me.

And no, I haven't made myself a blocking board, so nothing is blocked as of yet.  I will get to that, promise.

I love this goldenrod color!









I've gotten quite a few browns as of late, as well,  This one is so nice and chocolatey.






Day 20

Day 21

Day 22
Day 23

Day 24

Day 25

Day 26

Day 27

Day 28
Day 29

Day 30

Day 31


A very cool red with red-orange.  There is another one coming with the same colors, only reversed.

Another thing that blogger just did:  it left about ten pages of white space between the blocks above and this red one.  Took about five minutes of back spacing to close the gap.  Heaven only knows what this is going to look like once it is posted.













I've been using "The Granny Square Book" by Margaret Hubert, and "200 Crochet Blocks" by Jan Eaton as source material for the blocks I have done so far.  This turquoise block is one of the only ones that appear in both books.

From the Library, I have "300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects", by Linda P. Schapper.









Oh I love this color combination!  That blue is called Peacock.


















Coffee, anyone?

Ok. Great.  Blogger is not allowing the cursor to descend down the page past coffee here to the left.  What the?















And now it does.  Go figure!  There is that goldenrod color again, with browns.  Love, love, love it!

















In spite of the weird angle, this block is square.  I know, blocking!


This will be one of four, with the grannies all on the inside, and the single crochet rows framing them.









Interesting color combination, and although I followed the directions, it obsitnately refuses to be a square.  Oh well.



















Three greens;  Fern, Light fern, and Forest green.  Nice.



















Pretty cool, but will try this color combination again in double  crochet instead of single.  Or not...













There is my peacock blue again.  I LOVE this color.























The reverse reds.



















Another 3-D flower.  I like these somewhat, but am just getting my skills up so that I can do something more free form.








And, I adopted a cat last monday.  I was so broken up after my Jerry kittie died a few years ago, that I swore I was not getting another one.



Then I spent a day with a friend's cats last week, and here we are.  Meet Bob (or Big Boy, as Purrfect Pals named him).  Or Bernard, as my daughter wants to call him.  Me, I just started calling him Bob without even thinking about it.

Purrfect Pals Is a great place to adopt a cat!  They come to you health tested, spayed or neutered, and with their shots.

Big Boy Bob is an absolute honey, and is settling in nicely.  This afternoon he goes to the vet, who will undoubtedly agree with me that he needs a diet.  He should probably weigh about 14 pounds, because he IS large, but weighs more like 17 pounds now.

Ding ding ding, time to head to the laundry room...

PS.  Have returned from the vet.  Turns out, when the rescue group had some of his back teeth removed, they tried to save a few.  These few are poking holes in his gums in his gums so the poor guy is miserable.  He needs more surgery.  I'm going to see if the rescue group is willing to help me pay for this!  Ouch!  And he IS on a diet.  The vet called it the "Fancy Feast Diet".  Each can is 100 calories, he will get two per day.  First, the soft food will be more manageable for him, and we will give away the dry food.  Second, it won't hurt him to eat it.

Maybe I should have gone for a younger cat instead of making a point of adopting a 'hard to adopt out' older cat.  It's too late now, he's settling in beautifully and really is just the sweetest little being.  He stays here.  But ouch, my pocketbook!




No comments:

Post a Comment