Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Granny 169,170,171,172

169

170

171

172
All four squares today are from 200 Crochet Blocks, as they have been all week.

#170 is a square that I skipped over when I looked through the book some time ago, because I thought it looked too complicated.  Well, it's not complicated, it is a pain!  There are 8, count them, EIGHT yarn changes, with the accompanying ends to weave in.  While I really like the look, I don't know that I have to patience to use this square again.

2 1/2 squares were done last night, and the remainder done today, a few stitches at a time.  I woke up at 5:00 am with the mother of all migraines.  I have not had one like this for a while, and it actually might turn out to be a toothache...it's a little hard to tell sometimes.  But, because I was going to do four per day until I have enough for the blanket, I just plain was going to get it done.

I'm not planning to make a huge blanket, but since they are all 8" squares, I think 20 should do it.  I have some great plans for putting them together and making a border.  I sure hope it works out the way it looks in my mind's eye :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely squares, very patriotic! I have given you the Sunshine award because I love to read your blog but won't be offended if you choose not to accept xxx

    ReplyDelete