Sunday, May 6, 2012

#88 Sunburst Square (my first design)

88


I decided it was time to try my hand at designing my own square.  It uses singles, doubles, front post triples, and for want of a better description, front post half triples.

The 'half triples' came to be because they were front posted from a row of singles, instead of the usual doubles.  Therefore, they needed to be a bit shorter than a regular front posted triple.  I finished each stitch in the manner of a half double.  Kind of hard to explain...does it make sense?

If anyone would like directions for this square, I'll try making them (also for the first time).

The yarns were, from the inner row out:  Vanna's Choice Magenta, Premier Dream Fiery Red, Premier Dream Red Orange, Bernat Satin Tangerine, Premier Dream Baby Yellow, and Bernat Satin Goldenrod.  I'm not 100% on the magenta, but the rest of the colors work for me.

Well, that's my first effort.  Tell me what you think....

4 comments:

  1. I think it is really pretty, and I would love to see it written up. I would even test it if you want me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I love the harmony of these warm colors. I really looks like sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! you have a talent. the color combo is perfect.
    jd in st louis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! You did a fantastic job and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete