Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Terrific Tuesday, Pattern and 80, 81 and 82

Antelope Canyon, AZ



Because this Tuesday isn't all that terrific to me, and because I have been focusing too much on all the negative this week, I'm posting this photo of Antelope Canyon on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona.  It's one of the most awe inspiring, peaceful places I have ever been lucky enough to be.





Sunset outside Page, AZ

Later that day, we experienced the sunset glowing against the eroded rock formations outside Page, AZ.  Deep breath...and relax.  It's ok.

Terrific Tuesday is the brainchild of Natasja, of http://crochetime.wordpress.com.







80


Almost all front posting, this was a completely new pattern for me.  Find it in 50 Fabulous Crochet Squares, by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss.

I really enjoyed working this square, and love the way it looks.





81

This is a new pattern, both for me and in fact.  It is by Aurora Suominen and is available for free HERE.  I love the flower!  It is very different, using back posting to achieve the 3-d effect.  While this picture could be better due to the influence of my assistant, it's very cool.







82


Another square from 50 Fabulous Crochet Squares.

Since I started my 365 squares in a year thing in mid February, I just want to say...I'm catching up!










My basket weave blanket is coming along.  At two rows a day, it's going to take a while, but that's ok...summer is just around the corner here so I have plenty of time.










My ever helpful assistant, Mr. Bernard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Thanks for visiting me at Simplify today. You say you miss California. Did you live here at one time? Whereabouts? Where do you live now. Lovely pics of Arizona. Too hot for me there though. We are hot enough here!!!
    I see you are a crocheter. I will be back to visit again.
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, yes I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and even though I'd never be able to afford to live there now, I miss it. I agree with you on Arizona this time of year! When I was there it was around the first of April, and even then it was a little too warm sometimes. Gorgeous, though, mindbendingly gorgeous!

      Delete